Friday, July 16, 2010

Kampala

The view of Kampala from Nemerembe Guest House, which is up the hill directly behind Sanyu.



Driving around Kampala


A matatu - a cab that people take




Took this pic for the hubby. Told him that I did not want him working in construction in Uganda! ;-)

The view of Kampala from Sanyu


One night we got to see the moon! It was beautiful!


While in Kampala, I managed to get some pictures from around the town. I learned a few L'Ugandan phrases while made the locals a lot nicer to a little mzungu like me. The men, for whatever reason, liked to talk to us in high-pitch voices. It was hilarious! All of us get marriage proposals at some point or another on the trip, which was another funny. Even though I would tell them that I was married, they still didn't understand why I said no.
I enjoyed my time in Uganda. I wish that I would've gotten the courage to take a boda-boda sooner, but hindsight. Some day I would like to take my hubby and go back. Some day.

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Great pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing them!