Thursday, July 7, 2011

Western Washington

We took a ferry as we were leaving Seattle to visit Western Washington.

Some shots from the ferry ride.

Seattle skyline

This lake was absolutely beautiful. We were amazed at how blue it was.


Taking a trail.

Big trees




I wanted to visit Forks. Yes, I admit it. I'm a Twilight fan. I thought that since we were in Washington, we could go to Forks. What a disappointment! I don't know where they filmed the movie, but it was definitely not there! The sign was the only thing that looked familiar. They have even completely re-constructed the high school, so it doesn't even look the same. So I decided let's try La Push to see if any of that is real. There is a La Push, but we never found a First Beach. We did find a beach, and it was absolutely breathtaking.

The beach in La Push

Some big driftwood



So long Western Washington. It was beautiful, but we must move on...

No comments: