Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Love!






Today is my Love's 30th birthday! What do you say to a man who has seen you at your worst and your best? Who has been through valley after valley w/ you only to continue to be standing beside you when we finally reached the peak? What do you say to a man who looks at his daughter with the love and affection as though she were perfect? What do you say to a man who loves me unconditionally? What do you say to a man who has laughed, cried and done both at the same time w/ me? Who crawled into the uncomfortable hospital bed to hold me while we both cried and slept as our daughter fought for her life just a floor below us? What do you say to a man who I am still excited that I get to spend my life with? What do you say?
Happy Birthday, Nathan! I love you!!!! And your girlie does, too!!!

p.s.
Welcome to the club, Old Man! :-P

4 comments:

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

First of all....30 is still very, very young:) LOL!! What an amazing tribute to your hubby! Love it! Especially the part about loving a special little girl:) We have that here too:)
Do I see the top of the Empire State Bldg. in a photo? We love NYC!

Boiler Girl said...

It is the Empire State Bldg! We were there two yrs ago w/ Nathan's parents. Would love to go back!!

The Brown Family said...

Yes- we'd love the name of your friends from Campus Crusade!

Happy birthday Mr. Holbrook!! And yes- 30 is young :)

I love Emma's pictures!!

Abigail said...

You're married to an old man too, I see :)